Translate

Friday 30 May 2014

STRIKING A BALANCE

I never seem to fully savor a deservedly earned victory. It gets me beaming with pleasure and clinching my fist in a snooty manner. The feeling can be overwhelming but I don't let it impinge upon my attitude and behavior. 
 'One should never desert his true self and drown in a fleeting feeling' is my guiding principle. This phrase is peculiarly curved from the realization that there are still more battles yet to come, no matter the current outcome.
My reaction after a unforeseen loss (bearing in mind we all encounter challenges or predicaments with the hope of pulling through successfully) is never the inverse of when I win
I must admit losing does change my mood precipitously. I start contemplating on the various strategies I should have used and might have had a higher probability of success!
I try not to rue my missed chance and move on quickly. Basically, this is in order to be prepared for what lies ahead no matter how bleak.
There need to be a balance between winning and losing. Winning is meant to increase the appetite for success. I often rather than not get inspiration from my past success. I use it to curve a desirable result in whatever I encounter.
Losing should be the basis of challenging oneself. I take it as a lesson and ensure I'm much better in my future endeavors.
Never let losing affect you. Replicate success and you'll attain all your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment